Large-scale, custom application development projects have proven themselves to be complex, costly and risky. Time and time again, organizations have had to shelve these initiatives due to a number of challenging issues including:
- Lack of in-house resources with skills and experience in newer technologies
- The length of time required to complete a complex application hamstrings the business while your competitors continue to attack
- Support and maintenance requirements for custom applications become a continuing expense for your organization
Faced with this situation, organizations are realizing that commercially developed software packages can be a cost effective alternative for their technology requirements. At the same time, many organizations have concerns about their ability to effectively select the one system that best meets their needs from among the myriad of solutions available in the martketplace today.
The Solution: A Smart Approach to Package Selection
Smart PlanIT provides its clients with a business focused, multi-functional approach to conducting package selection and implementation projects. Our unique approach to collecting, weighting and evaluating functional and technical requirements ensures that your most critical business needs drive the selection of the solution. This ensures the system selected will provide the most value to your organization.
Our experienced consultants are supported on these engagements by a variety of proprietary tools and techniques developed over our many years of project execution. These include our Supplier Selection Analysis Tool that streamlines and automates many of the tasks involved in package selection engagements. As well, we have developed a variety of requirements templates, an RFP library and a best practice repository.
Once the evaluation and selection process is complete, our consultants can continue on and assist you with contract management, vendor management and system implementation leveraging the depth of knowledge gained during the evaluation exercise.
Smart PlanIT experienced consultants, our proven approach and our project support tools provide a number of measurable benefits for your organization, including:
- Getting your team productive immediately – shortening the project duration
- Reducing project risk through an established approach
- Making certain that key business and technical requirements ultimately drive the decision making process
- Ensuring the optimal selection is made